了解与COVID-19大流行有关的休假的最新信息， see our COVID-19 Resources.
《365在线体育投注》禁止在所有就业实践中基于残疾的歧视. An individual with a disability is defined by the ADA as a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities; has a record of such an impairment; or is regarded as having such an impairment.
雇主须为合资格的残疾人士提供合理的膳宿. These accommodations can include:
- making existing facilities usable by persons with disabilities
- job restructuring
如果你认为自己因为残疾而受到歧视, you will need file a charge with the Texas Workforce Commission within 180 days from the alleged violation. You also can file a grievance with your school district — with the help of your local union or the Associate Membership Program service team — but that does not stop the clock on the 180-day deadline.
FMLA为所有公共机构的某些雇员提供长达12周的无薪假期, job-protected leave per year. 它还要求他们在休假期间保持集体健康福利.
Examples of FMLA eligibility include:
- birth and care for a newborn child
To be eligible for FMLA leave, 你必须已经被雇佣至少一年，并提供了至少1年,在你提出休假申请前的12个月内提供250小时的服务.
State Personal Leave
As outlined in the Texas Education Code, the state provides five days per year of paid personal leave, 无积累限制，员工在地区间调动无限制. 地区可以提供额外的事假超过国家规定的最低限度.
Discretionary vs. Non-Discretionary Leave
In terms of personal leave, 区分非自由裁量假和自由裁量假很重要.
Non-discretionary leave 预留给几乎不需要事先计划(如果有的话)的场合, and the leave should be granted in every case.
- the employee’s own illness
- illness in the employee’s family
- a death in the employee’s family
- situations that prevent the employee from reporting to work
Discretionary leave may be taken at the employee’s own desire. 如需自由裁量事假，必须向主管或直接主管提出, in writing, at least 24 hours in advance for each day of planned absence. 除非主要主管或直接主管通知你相反的情况，否则该请假申请应视为已获批准.
任免权事假每学期不得超过连续五天，每工资年度最多不得超过10天, 除非在主管决定可减轻罪责的情况下. Discretionary leave typically is not allowed in the following circumstances:
- the first day of instruction
- the last day of instruction
- the day before a school holiday
- the day after a school holiday
- days scheduled for end-of-semester or end-of-year exams
Temporary Disability Leave
全职教育工作者有资格在任何你的情况妨碍你的正常工作的时候因临时残疾而休假. 这种假期是无薪的，除非你有病假或事假可用. 但是你的合同或雇佣不能被学校终止，当你因暂时残疾而离开的时候.
各区可以决定暂时伤残假的最长时间, but it must be provided for at least 180 days.
According to the Texas Education Code, the definition of “temporary disability” does include pregnancy.
At the request of an employee, 学区必须立即指派该员工休假. Upon investigation of the claim, 地区可以改变攻击假的状态，并将其记入雇员的累计事假中，或在没有足够事假的情况下记入雇员的工资中. The Texas Education Code outlines more information.
Leave for Religious Observances
对于K-12员工，只有那些被学区日历认可的假期才会被尊重. 如果你需要抽出时间去参加你所在地区不承认的宗教节日, you will need to follow usual procedures for requesting time off. Your leave request may or may not be approved.
District Personal Leave
每个学区都有自己的缺勤政策，列出了任何额外的事假. Consult with your district handbook or admins for more information.
Leave for Court Orders
That said, most district policies will compensate employees fully to comply with a valid subpoena or jury duty; absences for court appearances related to employee’s personal business will be deducted from personal leave balances — or be taken without pay.
Consult your district handbook to find your local policy.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Texas Education Code Sec. 22.003 Minimum Personal Leave Program
- Texas Education Code Sec. 21.409 Leave of Absence for Temporary Disability
- Texas Education Code Sec. 51.925 Religious Holy Days